Every effort will be made to maintain the practice schedule. However, NBBA will have to adapt to the needs of the school district.
North Bay Basketball Academy is committed to providing competitive Club opportunities to younger athletes interested in improving their skills and begin the process of participating in more competitive games.
- The registration period is open through March 6.
- EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS 11/30/2022
- Late registration is possible provided uniforms are available. Please contact Madison Lot at (707) 293-8396 or firstname.lastname@example.org for late registration.
- Team placement will take place the week of March 7th.
- The placement schedule will be available in mid-February.
All practices are scheduled in advance and players are expected to attend practices. Teams will normally practice twice per week for 60 minutes. Every effort will be made to follow practice schedules as closely as possible, however, things happen. Please be flexible and cooperative when practice schedules need to be changed.
As there are school activities and other commitments, which may conflict with practice from time to time, coaches will work with players and parents individually in those cases. To emphasize player responsibility, the player (and not the parent) who will miss a practice is expected to notify the coach ahead of time that he will miss practice and the reason why. Program basketball players are expected to commit themselves to a rigorous practice schedule, and their team depends on them to do so. Playing time will be affected by unexcused absences or tardiness.
March 7 – April 28 (16 practices) @ St. Vincent de Paul HS:
- Grades 3 & 4:
- Mondays and Wednesdays 6:00 – 7:00 pm
NBBA Coaching Staff
The vast majority of NBBA coaches are current or former North Bay varsity, assistant varsity, junior varsity or freshman coaches, as well as former college/pro players.
Parents are not allowed to coach their child in the NBBA program
- Sheriene Arikat – Current Player @ Santa Rosa JC
- Taylor Iacopi – Current Player @ Santa Rosa JC
What If I Play Another Sport?
It is possible for student-athletes to participate in the NBBA Travel Season while playing another spring sport. However, NBBA requires the student-athlete to meet the following requirements:
- Club Team: Student-athletes must attend at least 1 practice per week and 1 of the 2 tournaments.
Given the fact the costs for the team remain constant, the dues for the season remain the same.
- Financial assistance may be available for certain circumstances of financial hardship. Families must apply and be qualified to receive assistance. The approval process will be evaluated by the NBBA administration. Full assistance is available in exceptionally rare situations.
- Financial Aid Request Form: Download Here (PDF)
- Requested by February 27 = Full refund minus $250 deposit
- Requested February 28 or later = NO REFUNDS
- A season ending injury = A prorated credit for future NBBA activities.
- No refund will be granted due to an act of God, man made or natural disaster, pandemic, or a planned PG&E; power outage.
- NO EXCEPTIONS to the refund policy stated above.
Club Teams (March 7 – April 28)
NBBA players who are not placed on the Select team and are committed to developing their skills in an effort to compete competitively will participate on the NBBA Club teams. This team will practice twice per week and will participate in local tournaments. The focus will be on fundamentals and preparing to excel at a higher level of competition. The purpose of the development program is to provide in-depth instruction with continued focus on fundamentals and skill development.
|April 1 - 2|
Sat - Sun
|Spring Hoops Challenge (Oakland & Walnut Creek, CA)|
|April 22 - 23|
Sat - Sun
|NBBA Spring Classic (Marin, CA)